Apple for Mother’s Day
With Mother’s Day just around the corner, I decided to take a look at all the cool gift options that Apple has for every mom, whether she is a new mom, fit mom, grand-mom, whatever. This year give Mom the gift she will enjoy – again and again, with iPad Air, from just $519 and iPad mini, from just $419. Check out our full list of great gifts for Mom including the MICHAEL KORS Jet Set Travel Tote, BAGGU Duck Bag, designer iPhone Cases, and more! Make it a gift mom will never forget by adding a personal laser-engraved message to any iPod or iPad. It’s easy and it’s free. Give it that special touch with our beautiful signature gift box and red ribbon through the Apple Online Store. She’ll smile when you say “I Love You” with FaceTime on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, or Mac. See full shipping/engraving deadlines here.
iPad mini with Retina Display: Give mom something just for her this Mother’s Day. iPad mini with Retina display is small enough to fit in her hand (or handbag.) Bringing all the pixels from the 9.7-inch iPad to its 7.9-inch screen, iPad mini with Retina display delivers razor sharp text and detail in the same amazingly thin and light design. With the powerful and power-efficient Apple-designed A7 chip with 64-bit desktop-class architecture, ultrafast wireless with faster built-in Wi-Fi and support for even more LTE networks worldwide, iOS 7 with hundreds of intelligent features, and access to the more than 500,000 apps designed specifically for iPad that just work automatically, iPad mini with Retina display is the only small tablet to deliver the full iPad experience. With up to 10 hours of battery life, it’s a small wonder.
iPod nano: Being healthy and active is important for any Mom while enjoying some precious “me” time. For the active mom, iPod nano ($149) is the perfect workout partner and comes in 7 fashionable colours. It gives you some much-needed musical motivation and provides real-time feedback. Since Nike+ support and a pedometer are built into iPod nano, there’s no need to connect a receiver or use a shoe sensor to track your steps, distance, pace, time and calories burned. Built-in Bluetooth technology lets you wirelessly connect to heart-rate monitors and headphones, making it easier to exercise. And at the end of your workout, sync iPod nano to nikeplus.com to track your daily activity and goals, check your NikeFuel and monitor your fitness progress against yourself and your friends. Looking for a more affordable option to keep the beat alive? iPod shuffle is small, but big on music – and at $49 – is the perfect clip-on companion in a variety of colours.
For under $100:
- Kate Spade Two-Piece Case for iPhone – $39.95 – Functional hard shell dressed up with signature colors and playful designs: strips, polka dots and geometric/chevron design
- iPod shuffle $49 – Keep the beat alive with this on-the-go essential.
- Apple TV $109 – Apple TV offers your mom the simplest way to rent or buy and watch her favorite HD movies and TV shows, from the comfort of her living room. No need to rent or buy DVDs – Apple TV also lets you stream content from Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, Vimeo, Flickr and iCloud, as well as enjoy sports games with MLB.tv and NBA.com League Pass. The more tech-savvy moms can stream their favorite videos from their iPhone to the Apple TV, or mirror their entire Mac screen to their TV, no wires necessary.
- hipKey $89.95 -hipKey will save mom time by helping her find her belongings with just a push of a button. Child Mode alerts you if your child wanders to far away – very useful for crowded public areas, or attach hipKey to your wallet or keys making it easy to find them.
- LifeProof iPhone case $79.99 -Thinner, lighter, stronger and more protective than any case available, it keeps your iPhone 5s waterproof, dirt proof, snow proof and drop proof
- JBL Wireless Portable Speaker – $59.95 – Mom will love streaming her favorite music from her iPhone to the lightweight JBL Micro Wireless portable speaker The JBL Micro Wireless Speaker comes in 5 vibrant colors and the built-in battery provides up to 5 hours of music playing time, so mom can take this little speaker anywhere from the beach to the office.
- urBeats in-ear Headphones – $99.95 -urBeats headphones deliver excellent quality and control for the music on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- iTunes Gifting (SEE BELOW) including your favourite books, apps, music, movies and/or magazines.
- iPhoto Books starting at just $24.99 (SEE BELOW)
iPhoto for iOS Surprise Mom this Mother’s Day with a personalized gift that captures your favourite moments together with iPhoto’s beautiful photo books created just for her on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. iPhoto lets you create one-of-a-kind hardcover photo books and order your favourite photos as prints (even Panoramas) in minutes! iPhoto comes free with any new iOS device, hardcover photo books start at just $24.99 and prints start at $0.12.
Create a “portfolio book” capturing your children’s best moments or artwork.This DIY project is easy, and preserves your child’s photos or artwork in a beautiful, glossy hardcover book you can share with your friends and family. Just scan your child’s artwork, add the images to iPhoto, and add them to the book of your choice.
Short on time or on a budget? or trying to to choose something for the Mom who has everything? Here are a few great gifting apps, and of course, the ultimate and easiest — is to give the gift of iTunes
Giftagram Toronto (Free, iPhone)
Gift thoughtful gifts from your iPhone – no address required.
Impressed Photo Books (Free, iPhone/iPad)
Make modern, decor-ready photo books on your iPhone and iPad in just minutes.
GIVE THE GIFT OF ITUNES
When you give iTunes Gift Cards and iTunes Gifts, the lucky recipients can choose whatever they want on the iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store and Mac App Store.
iTunes Gift Cards
iTunes Gift Cards are easy to give, and you can buy them from Apple and from thousands of other retailers in a range of denominations. And every card works in the iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store and Mac App Store — so your recipients can get exactly what they want.
Gifting on iTunes
Now it’s easier than ever to gift iTunes to friends and family.
Give the gift of iTunes. Send a monetary amount via email, and recipients can choose from millions of songs, apps, TV shows, movies, books and more from the iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, or Mac App Store on any device. Now you can also add a visual theme to your gift and send it immediately or schedule it to send at a future time of your choice, whether that’s christmas morning, a specific birthday or any other date up to a year from date of purchase.
Gift apps, music and more.
Did you find the perfect app or album for your mom or even a friend? It’s simple to gift just about anything you find on iTunes. On your computer, click the arrow next to the Buy button and choose Gift. On iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, tap the sharing arrow, then tap Gift.
iTunes Gifting HOW TO’s
This Mother’s Day, send your Mom something from the App Store to watch, play or listen to. Below are step-by-step Instructions for Gifting an App, Album, Movie or TV Show:
To send a gift on your Mac or PC:
1. Open iTunes, click iTunes Store
2. Select a paid app, song, album, movie, television show
3. Click on the downward arrow next to the price
4. Select ‘Gift This App/Song/Album//Movie/TV Show’
5. Simply fill in your recipients email address, add a message and choose the date you wish the sender to receive your gift
6. And you’re done! You’ve gifted something from the iTunes Store App Store and made Mom very happy this Mother’s Day!
To send a gift on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch:
1. Open the App Store or iTunes Store
2. Select “Send Gift”
3. Choose the desired amount and complete the required recipient’s information, message and choose the date you wish the recipient to receive your gift.
4. And you’re done!
2. Select a paid app, song, album, movie, television show
4. Select ‘Gift’
5. Simply fill in your recipients email address, add a message and choose the date you wish the recipient to receive your gift
6. And you’re done! You’ve gifted something from the iTunes Store or App Store and made Mom very happy this Mother’s Day!