Invest like a pro..There’s an app for that
Investing in the stock market is risky enough for pros and is often a downright gamble for novice investors. Now there is MarketShark for iOS devices..This app provides powerful fundamental analysis of any US public stock with reports simple enough for novice investors to understand and customizable enough to satisfy the most experienced trader.
MarketShark provides the kind of tools previously only available to professionals using powerful desktop software. Now you can carry that kind of investing insight in your pocket. Take a look at this promotional video to see what MarketShark can do.
With many of us using discount brokers these days we are pretty much are on our own to decide on which investments to buy, keep or sell. MarketShark helps serious investors discover companies that are undervalued as well as overvalued, an aid predicting future price movements. The app crunches data from company financial statements, analyzing info such as cash flow, dividends, capital financing, debt, assets and earnings in a format designed for iOS devices. This kind of fundamental analysis has been available only from expensive desktop programs. Features include:
– STOCK FUNDAMENTALS: Offers value, growth, and income investors a level of depth in data that hasn’t been available on mobile devices until now
– RATIOS, MULTIPLES, AND MARGINS: Dozens of different metrics, each with historical data and growth rates making for more than 600 different data points available
– PORTFOLIO TRACKING: Comprehensive “Portfolio Tracking” feature allows you to monitor and visualize your portfolio in real-time to identify areas of strength and weakness
– SEAMLESS RESEARCH: Unique “pages” layout for the most streamlined analysis experience available; simply swipe to navigate between pages, designed specifically for mobile devices
– CUSTOMIZABILITY: Unprecedented levels of customizability in designing your pages and choosing exactly which data points you want to see; this is one of MarketShark’s most powerful features
– STREAMLINED ORGANIZATION: Variety of preset page templates, from “Liquidity” to “Valuation” to “Activity Ratios” and more, all completely customizable
– COMPANY COMPARISONS: Robust “Compare” feature integration so you can quickly compare and sort an entire list of companies according to any metric at any time; we know context is key to any valuation
– TREND VISUALIZATION: Easily accessible “Graph” feature so you can see how any data point has changed over time, both quarterly and annually
– DATA TRANSPARENCY: Simply tap a data point and a sleek dropdown will reveal more detailed information, including definitions, formulas and even precise calculation steps taken
– POWER AND EFFICIENCY: Designed for financial professionals but user-friendly enough for serious individual investors
I tried Marketshark and found it easy to use and customize for my needs..the iPad is the ideal platform for this powerful app but it can also be handy for quick reference on the go on smaller iOS devices such as the iPhone. I didn’t like the fact it only worked in portrait mode on the iPad even though the very complete tutorials were in landscape. I would also like to see Canadian shares included in a future version. The developer Revoc technologies plans to add international exchanges in the future with shares traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange to be added before the end of May.
MarketShark is available at the Apple App Store for $19.99 and in my opinion is well worth the price..it could more than pay for itself with only one smart trade.