Miss the start menu in Windows 8? Try RetroUI
If you are a Windows user it is almost certain you will have to deal with Windows 8 sooner rather than later. Windows 8 has some great new features, improved performance and better security than earlier versions. It also features the new tile desktop..it looks great, is wonderful on a tablet but can be really confusing with a mouse and keyboard. If you have already switched to Windows 8 and find it painful the folks at Thinix have developed RetroUI just for you.
RetroUI Pro brings revolutionary technologies to Windows 8, enabling it to be used efficiently on every type of PC. RetroUI Enforce allows the Windows 8 Start screen to run while the Windows taskbar remains visible. Enforce also squeezes Windows Store (Metro) apps into resizable windows, and allows users to quickly toggle them in and out of full-screen. RetroUI also brings back the features people are used to in the Start menu and delivers exciting new features that make it even better. The result of all these things is a vastly improved user experience.
RetroUI Pro – Core Features at a Glance:
- Brings back the start menu with a modern look and feel
- Takes charge of Metro to bring back the taskbar and new RetroUI start menu
- Forces Windows Store (Metro) apps to run in resizable and movable windows
- Skip Metro and return to the classic desktop at login
- Pin classic apps, default Windows Store apps, websites, and more to your Favorites
- TabletView™ allows you to organize and access your pinned favorites
RetroUI Pro is available for purchase starting at $4.95 /PC or $9.95 for a 3-PC license for personal computers. Business and Education Licenses with options for long-term support are available. Visit RetroUI.com for more information.