Trouble managing kids playdates?…There’s an app for that
Finding things to keep our kids occupied is a tough enough job as it is..but then there is keeping track of the various activities..especially if you have more than one child. Well, a solution is at hand…Israel based Karaboo Technolies has come up with an app that may be just the ticket for busy moms and dads.
Apparent helps you plan your kids’ playdates with other parents. It is a specialized a social network, of sorts, designed to simplify get-togethers — including a calendar, contact names and numbers for other parents and caregivers, lists of child allergies and a map that shows you who’s around you. Here’s some of the things it can do:
· Easily and quickly create fun playdates at home or at any place of your choice
· What can I do for my kids right now?” it’s simple to find or set new activities for your kids
· Never miss a playdate again. All playdates are seamlessly organized and synched between parents
· Capture beautiful and fun photos with super cool lenses and editing features
· Build a secure and fun network of parents from your kids’ class, neighborhood and family
· Easily manage your class contact list and avoid the endless search for parents in your kids class
· Keep your kids safe and happy by informing other parents of their allergies and preferences
Apparent is a simple app to use: First, sign up for the free service with an email address, or you can log in with your Facebook ID. Then, add each of your children to your account, including their name, gender, birthdate, allergies, and other optional info. You can also add a photo of yourself and one for each of your children. Once this completed, invite other parents to use Apparent, which is critical to get the most out of the app.
Next, create a date movies, playground, park..whatever…and once it’s created, tap the Invite Kids tab and select the kids’ names invited to the play-date. Those who use Apparent will get the notification, which they can accept or decline, plus they can ask questions, too. The event is automatically added to the integrated calendar and synched between all parents whose kids are invited. It couldn’t be much simpler.
Apparent is a free download from the App Store.